Epic’s Unreal Engine got a stay of execution in Apple devices, here’s the week at Variable.
Good morning, everyone!
Welcome to the “Weekly Walkthrough,” a bite-sized recap of last week’s stories and what we’ll be working on this week.
For now, the weather:
Epic (and other game developers) got a reprieve after a Judge stopped Apple from removing access to Unreal Engine on their devices. Still no Fornite though.
COVID-19 and working from has made many of us more reliant on technology. We talked to five professionals to see how they’ve adapted.
Want to be in a video game? A new AI can turn your selfies into video game avatars.
We listed a bunch of great video game soundtracks, find out if yours was on the list.
What’s a good song to secretly sing in the shower:
- Franz: Anything Bon Jovi, It’s My Life in particular. Of course, this could just be the fact that the workers at the construction site in front of my workplace are singing it 24/7.
- Ralph: Oddly enough, I’m just discovering an old Snow Patrol song, Run. So, that’s on replay for this week.
What’s Variable this week:
- More on Apple vs Epic, for sure.
- Cool shirts, as in they do keep you cool?
- Also, we’ve got something special coming on the weekend, stay tuned for that.
That’s all we have for you. See you next week!
P.S. What do you mean the cover image is still the same?